We believe we have a duty to be of service to Native communities in their pursuits of optimal health and wellbeing for their people.
In addition to practicing MPHI’s core values, our work with Native communities is guided by our commitment to:
- Meaningfully engage Tribal leaders and community members
- Support community-driven efforts grounded in culture, values, and practices
- Seek creative, culturally-sound ways to improve the availability and quality of data for tribal decision-makers
- Be reliable, trustworthy advocates for our partners
- Pursue opportunities that are mutually beneficial, promote resource sharing, and generate funding for long lasting partnerships
“[Our] public health staff are critically overloaded with multiple tasks. The provision of talented, skilled, and highly trained individuals to support our consortium has been enormously helpful in the completion of all tasks… We could not have done the same job without this wonderful assistance.” – Tribal Project Coordinator
For over a decade, we’ve partnered with tribes, tribal organizations, and Indian Health agencies, on more than 50 projects.
Our collaborations with Native communities…